Students Working Together
Two issues that teachers often raise when watching videos
of student teams at work are: "What are they thinking
and saying and meaning?" and "What and how are they
This page's film shows a five-student tech ed design
team doing its first day of work on the parachute task.
(This same sequence can be found with commentary in
Ed Video Timeline - Day 1.) Review the video carefully,
as much gets said and done even in the first moments
of a team's design work. Try pausing and replaying the
video as you consider these questions:
- What key roles get enacted in the group?
- Is anyone too pushy? Too isolated?
- Who keeps the group going? Who slows work down?
- How would you interact with this team?
- What would you say to individuals or the team as